Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Momma, Momma

Things are progressing quite nicely on Alex's big boy room. Last weekend we painted the room...our last white room in the house...a safari green. I decided to create a safari room for him. I found this really neat dresser online for just over $1,000.00. Pfff...like I'd ever spend that much on a dresser!!! So, I decided to recreate it. We found an old dresser at an antique store for $75. You know the kind actually made of wood! Paul stripped it and then we painted it. We did the same thing to a brand new headboard. They are now "Coffee" by RL. It's a deep brown/black. I then was in search of drawer knobs...giraffe print in particular. Once again I did find them but refused to pay $22 a piece. I spent Alex's nap time yesterday hand painting drawer knobs. I hope to have those finished today. I believe I will skip the stenciling on the dresser. I found these really cool wooden animals at Toy R Us. They are lining the ledge in his room. I got 4 to start with and will slowly add more. My next project is a coat rack stand which I will paint with different animals prints. I plan to hang a canteen, rain stick, and safari hat from that. We will add a coupe of posters and then the room will be complete! We will probably move Alex downstairs this weekend once the big things are complete. I hope for a smooth transition.

The past week and a half Alex has really turned into a Momma's boy. He still enjoys his Dad but when we go somewhere he has to hold my hand etc. He is also my big helper. Not so much of a help at times, but it's hard to resist a little guy saying "Momma help you, help you?!" He is an excellent grated cheese sprinkler but not the best sweeper! :)

1 comment:

Beret said...

So cute. Just wait - I have a 3 year old who IS a good sweeper (or at least dustpan holder) so it will come! :)
Can't wait to see the new digs! Sounds like fun.