Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bath Terror

Oh no!!!! We have made Alex terrified of his bath. Ever since he was little, he has had a very dry, flaky scalp. It was just poo pooed off as cradle cap. However, I'm not sure that cradle cap last until 2 years of age. Anyway, his hair never got oily...in fact, it's usually dry. Because, of this we didn't wash his hair very often but put in leave in conditioner daily. I was trying to get some answers about what the problem might be and decided we would start washing his hair once a week to see if maybe that would help. Let's just say it didn't go well. We picked Thursday nights as hair night. He flips out. He starts shaking, and screaming bloody murder and yelling about it hurting. I thought it was an act, so we tried several different methods. Now, he won't even get in to the bath tub without doing this. It takes forever to get him calmed down. I'm pretty sure it isn't an act.

I'm not sure what to do. He LOVED bath time prior to hair washing. I guess the first step is to get him to trust enough to just take a regular bath. I checked in to no-rinse shampoo last night. We might have to go that route until he is older. I don't want him terrified of the bath tub. What to do????

No comments: