Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello July!

Once again it's been many moons since the last post. June seemed like a whirlwind. The first part of the month was slower than the end. We started out with family coming and going the first couple of weeks of June. My mom was back and forth between Fargo and Rochester for her Grave's disease. I was able to see my aunt and uncle from AR a couple of times while they visited my parents. Of course, I always look forward to RibFest which is the first weekend in June.

The end of June I was busy with a wedding. One of my best friends was married June 28! The weekend before the wedding I drove down for the bachelorette party. Even though I couldn't drink, I still had fun. I was one of the sober cabs. This was only the second time I've been away from Alex. It was nice to get a break, but I really started missing the little critter. My hormones seem to make me a little more temperamental this pregnancy. It was just what I needed to kind of re-group. I'm not as quick to get testy. The next weekend was the wedding. Paul and I headed down to Mora for the wedding on a Thursday. This was another first for us....Alex stayed all weekend with Grams! He did great. I'm not sure who had the most fun, Alex or Grams??! :) Between the bachelorette party and wedding, I finally popped out. Thankfully, our dresses were individually made which allowed my final fitting to be just before the wedding. I hated to say goodbye to my regular clothes, but was happy I had almost made to the 5 month mark before starting to show.

We also had our ultrasound the of June. It was exciting to see the profile. We didn't find out the sex this time either. Things seem to be progressing well.










Now on to July.......at the present time we are kicking it in to high gear to try to put together a big boy room for Alex. I want to transition him as soon as possible that way he will have some time to adjust. As the room progresses, I'll take pics. Right now we are looking for furniture and trying to clean out the room that he will moving to. I don't know how we acquire so much junk!

We spent the 4th with Hucks. We attended the most pitiful 4th of July parade ever last night. Usually MSUM has a nice celebration....NOT this year. The parade might have lasted 3-4 minutes and as soon as the parade was over all of games deflated. We headed back to the house for fireworks. Alex was freaked out by them. He was scared of everything : snaps, smoke bombs, sparklers. Maybe he will like them next year.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like November is a good month! Hope you have a great rest of your pregnancy! Halfway there!
Susie

Maria said...

Our oldest Mouse was scared of the fireworks, too! We were more than happy to retire early; maybe next year we'll all be more energetic and ready to celebrate the 4th! :)