Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fair Time

Even with the sky looking like rain, we ventured out to the Red River Valley Fair last night. Of course, we mostly wanted the food. Alex munched on a hot dog, I had a pulled pork sandwich, and Paul had a bison burger. The thing I look forward to the most is the CHEESE CURDS! You can't pass up the fresh squeezed lemonade...although there was something very strange tasting with ours. Paul couldn't leave until he had deep fried oreos! Alex found those to be pretty good, too.

After feasting, we headed to the barns. Alex loved the pigs and goats. He would just sit and laugh at them and then tell them hello. He checked out the horses, chickens and rabbits. On the way we passed a hay maze which he spent a while running through. It was pretty cute. You could just see the top of his head moving around.


We weren't sure if adults could ride the smaller rides, so we opted for the pick a duck game. He thought he was allowed to pick as many ducks as he wanted. He wasn't too happy when we made him stop. He ended up winning a blow up soccer ball. I was disappointed that Paul picked the ball over some of the other things since we have tons of balls; however, Alex was delighted!


Alex and I learned an important lesson on Friday night. I was letting him help grind pepper. He thinks pushing the button and watching the peppercorns spin is very entertaining. However, after I took the top off, he decided to blow the pepper. A nice fine cloud of pepper floated into his eyes. I felt so bad. He just started screaming and rubbing his eyes. We attempted to rinse them with cold water, but it just wasn't working. Poor little fellow.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the sights and the sounds of the fair. Oh, and the smell of all the food combined together. Haaaah! Nothing else like it in the world. Enjoyed the pictures and the update, as always.
Take care.
LY, Karen

The Kochers said...

Congratulations Regan. I had no idea that you guys were expecting again.

Happy Belated birthday..

Take care
Anjelika