Monday, July 20, 2009

Rxn

This morning Alex and I made a mad dash to see his pediatrician. Alex woke up lookin' like a one eyed monster! He woke up Sunday morning with a mosquito bite under his eye. It started swelling yesterday. I read online about mosquito bites, and he seemed to follow what the website described. This morning, however, his eye was almost closed. I decided to call Ask a Nurse, and we ended up going in for an appt. It was just a reaction like I thought, but the Dr. said sometimes they can be infected. We learned what to watch for in the future and were told that this probably would not be the last time it happened. He told me the hands, feet, and eyes tend to swell dramatically. There isn't much that can be done. We just have to wait. Until then, I guess Alex will have a "new look!"
Here are some pics. He tells himself to smile for the camera....such a ham. I couldn't really get a good angle, but you'll get the idea
.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Poor guy! Do you think that is what the other bump on his head was last week, too, then? Is that just the way he'll react to bites? I'm glad he looks happy enough; must not hurt a whole lot, eh?