Well, I had my visit to my hematologist today at RMCC. For the past few months my WBC has been low. The last few weeks it tanked which brought forth the lovely visit I had today. My doctor told me that my neutrophils are so low that if I were to step foot in to the hospital I would immediately be in isolation. Kind of a scary thought. He thinks that my body is killing my white blood cells. Blood was drawn and sent to the Uof M to confirm this if this is the case then I will have to give my self shots...possibly daily. If the test comes back negative he would want to do a bone marrow biospy to see if my marrow is bad. Unfortunately, the shots are extremely expensive. There is some deal...I think he said an experimental study that if I have a bone marrow biopsy yearly, my shots will be free! So, on Monday March 3 I will be put under for a bone marrow biopsy.
You might be wondering what could be so great about your body killing its only defense system.....well, I figure it beats having leukemia! The doctor was confident that I do not have cancer. I am hoping that the blood test comes back positive because I have a feeling bad bone marrow isn't a good thing. To add to all of this I'm anemic...just a small incovenience.
If we don't do the shots, we could probably end up having a show on TLC for having 20 kids. I guess, when I was pregnant my body was normal...Go Figure.
Lemon Drizzle Cake
4 days ago
2 comments:
Sounds good and bad!! I have the feeling that everything will turn out alright. It is the waiting that can get you down. 20 Kids hugh?? I don't know if grandma V could handle that!!! Just have to take one day at a time and turn your attention on the little Peanut!! What a blessing his is!!
Thanks for the up date I check in daily.
Later, hang in their, I will be thinking of you daily! Hugs and kisses, Auntie Karen
Goodness, goodness! I will be praying for you that everything turns out for the best. Sending you hugs!!
Post a Comment