Where to start....well, Dec 6th was Aaron's baptism. It was a fun weekend. Grandpa Bede and Grandma Rose made the trip down and this was their first time meeting Aaron. Of course, Alex was psyched! Rose and I were in the kitchen most of Saturday trying to prepare for the next day, so Paul and Grandpa spent most of the time entertaining Alex. I wasn't planning an all afternoon/evening cook fest, but I had a little trouble with the cake. In fact, lately I seem to be having lots of trouble with many things. I feel like Aaron gets the short end of the stick...but I guess it's not on the things that really matter. For instance, Alex's cake was cut in the shape of a cross and decorated, and well,....take a peek ...I'm almost too embarrassed to post this. I had some issues with frosting the first cake, so I decided to let Alex take over. At 9:00 pm the last thing I wanted to do was go all out on cake decorating.



On Thursday night we went to Santa's Village. As we got to Santa my battery died in my camera, and I didn't have the back up battery! Ugh. So, one terrible picture of Alex with Santa later and NO picture of Aaron with Santa and we were on our way.

Friday we ventured out around Perham, MN to cut down our Christmas tree. This has been an annual event for 4 years now. I thought we'd try a different sort of tree...it looked full and beautiful. However, it hurts like you know what!!!! I refused to help with the lights last night because I kept getting poked . After a couple of pokes, I was having trouble controlling my mouth... I thought it was best I just took pictures. :) Alex had fun wandering through the trees. It took quite a while with him. He stopped to carry "trees" (branches) and then when he saw just a stump from an already chopped down tree he would bend over and yell "Tree fall over...are you alright tree?? Are you alright???" Then he started waving and saying "Hi Alex" to his shadow. It took me a little bit to figure out what in the world he was doing. I'm glad I bundled us both up because we would have been popsicles at the rate we were going.



Sunday was an exciting day. Aaron gave us his first non-gassy smiles. He's is such a little chunk. Alex has picked up on this and calls him our chunky baby....I prefer chunky monkey. :) He's in that old man looking stage....you know, where they lose their hair. I loved his dark hair, so I hope it comes back in just as dark. Alex and I made gingerbread cut outs. His favorite part was decorating
I seem to be bit behind with Christmas. We are still pulling out decorations. I have a few more gifts to get and my big holiday baking plans are extremely minimal this year. I figure I have a good excuse. Next year should be less hectic!
I'll try to post more pics soon.
1 comment:
I LOVE this post! Alex is so, so, so sweet, to be concerned about the trees, to wave to his shadow - how fun! Aaron is just as loved, so he'll forgive you for the cake and missing Santa picture, right?! :)
Post a Comment