Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of a decade

I entered the new decade and millennium in an ambulance ride along. It was very uneventful night in emergency services! Although that night was low key, the years to follow have been anything but. I thought I'd list my most memorable events over the last ten years. They are joyful, terrifying and heartbreaking. ( Not in chronological order)

1) Our marriage in 2002
2)Our honeymoon to England
3) Sept. 11
4)The death of baby Hope Toomey
5) Surviving a pulmonary embolism
6) Diagnosis of Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome
7) 3 miscarriages
8) The birth of Alex and Aaron
9)My crazy/scary pregnancy with Alex
10) Diagnosis of Cyclic Neutropenia
11)The ends and beginnings of many friendships
12) Our many vacations
13) The flood of 2009
14)The adoption and loss of several pets
15) Our first house

Tonight we aren't doing anything special to ring in the new year. I think we will watch a movie or play chess. We are having a fun kid friendly meal of pigs in a blanket and mac and cheese. Alex isn't a fan of mac and cheese, so I'll be making an adult version. I suspect the pigs in a blanket should be a big hit.

So, goodbye to a decade and 2009. May goodness and humanity find some way to prevail in this ever crazy and changing world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and yours.
Love, Karen