to you, Member's Mark formula maker! After a long weekend of recording all sorts of information, the lactation consultant told me I was a low milk producer. My only option was taking a pill that can cause a disorder that may or may not be reversible....as if I don't have enough medical problems. :) She then told me she was sure I did everything I could to make it work but some milk was better than nothing....and good luck. I'm all for breastfeeding and lactation consultants can be very helpful; however, they need to learn how to encourage and be supportive of mothers that really want to nurse but aren't able. There is a lot of guilt and failure a mother feels when her body doesn't do what it's meant to do. They tend to make formula feeding seem like the greatest of all evils. The consultant pretty much brushed me off after deciding that I probably wouldn't breastfeed exclusively.
I decided I would continue to nurse with what I have and always follow with formula. I assume my supply will continue as long as it is being used. I guess it's the best of both worlds??!! I was very happy to put away the pump. It is nice to be able to split the feedings with Paul at night. I actually get several hours of sleep! I can tell that Aaron is gaining his weight back. I'm excited to see what he weighs tomorrow.
This week has gone okay. Last night we got one of the best gifts. My cousin-in-law brought over a complete meal for us. We had pizza burgers (enough for two meals at least), pasta salad, fruit salad, dessert, and zucchini bread for breakfast this a.m. It was so nice to not have to worry about a meals for a while. Alex must be feeling a little attention deprived. At night he asks me to hold him a lot and wants to be carried. I'm not supposed to lift, but I carry him every once in a while. As for the holding, I really enjoy that part. It won't be too long until he won't want Mom. :)
House Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
1 month ago
1 comment:
It is ok Regan.. I remember when the nurse told me that I was a low milk producer. I just cried because I want to nurse so badly. She said 20 years from now, it wont matter if you nursed or not. At the time, it seemed like an insult, but I now realize that really it doesn't make any differance at all. It is what it is I guess. My friend Marci on the other hand was a human cow. She could pump bottle after bottle after bottle. I could pump and hr and get 2 onces.. Crazy ha? Hope things are going well other than that.
Annie :)
Post a Comment