Another year, another marathon. Yesterday was Paul's 4th marathon. The first year he didn't really train and ran it in 4 hours 25 min. The years following he did train shaving over an hour off of his time. The last two years he has cramped up at mile 22. This year he trained his hardest thinking he just wasn't conditioned enough. Leading up to yesterday he ran 8 times over 20 miles...including a 26 mile run. His goal was to qualify for Boston. For his age he needed to finish in 3 hours 10 min. Unfortunately, at mile 22 he cramped again! He was able to finish but not in time to qualify. It was very disappointing for him and his fans! :) He is toying with the idea of running the Minneapolis Marathon this summer and trying to qualify there. I guess we will see.
Today we are just going to relax. We are finally going to go to the nursery and buy flowers and do a little outside work. Alex has a cold I think. He has had a snotty nose since Wed. His molars are coming in which doesn't help the situation. The last few nights have been miserable. After 3 hours of screaming on Friday night, I finally took him for a drive to help him fall asleep. I've never resorted to this, but I was at the end of my rope. I hope tonight goes smoother. It's the pits when you don't feel well!
House Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
1 month ago
2 comments:
Good luck with the teething days ahesd. Guess it is good it isn't winter and wind chills to go for a drive! Hope he has a mouth full of teeth before winter sets in again!
Love Marlyn and Bob
Finally got a chance to read your page. Mile 22!!! Maybe next time.
Those evening (night)drives are a life saver,sometimes. We use to take quite a few of them.
Later, Karen
Post a Comment