What a nice morning! I can't believe by tomorrow morning we are supposed to have a foot of snow. I decided to let the sunshine spill into Alex's room. Shortly after doing so, I heard the dogs carrying on . I peered out the window and saw our neighbor shoveling a patch of snow in the yard next to us. There is no one living in that house currently. I thought it was a little strange that he would be doing that and then all of the sudden I saw creatures running and him raising his shovel and whacking them!!! I was horrified. Paul happened to be outside and it turns out he was on a mission to destroy voles. They ripped up much of his lawn so he was on a mission. I guess he told Paul that he had killed 40 in the last few days. While they were scurrying away from him, one go in to our yard. I guess Gracie and Maggie chased it, but Gus had a different plan. The voles are quite a pain, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't whack anything with a shovel. Happy hunting Jake! :)
2 comments:
Poor voles! On the other hand, I don't think I'd want them scurrying around my yard, either. I bet Alex and Katelynn could have a good time watching them, though. Ick! :) Really? A foot of snow? How disappointing! I hope it is gone by the time we return!!!!
From straws to vole stories!! The drinking straw experience is one of the many good time to remember!!! On the other hand the voles experience isn't such a good story. They will be returning to their summer habitats soon. I suppose that is what they are trying to do.
We had an over flow of them one winter and they really destroyed my honeysuckle vine (dead!!) and ruined quite a large spot in the lawn that we had to reseed!!! Off with their heads I say!!!
A foot of snow!!! Hope that it goes around you!!
Later, Auntie Karen
Post a Comment