We have been trying to get Alex to switch from his bottle to a cup. He absolutely hates sippy cups but doesn't mind drinking out of a cup like an adult. Mostly he just likes to feel the liquid run in and then out of his mouth. This method proved to be a huge mess with not much actually being swallowed. Alex's buddy, Katelynn, never used a sippy cup but went straight to a straw. I thought I'd give that a whirl. We tried playing nice by starting with the straw and then giving him his bottle. Of course, that didn't work, so I decided we'd cut him off cold turkey...except for his night bottle.
Let's just say that last two days have been trying. He loves to blow into the straw creating bubbles...lots of bubbles. In fact he has found that if he blows out and babbles at the same time, it makes really neat sounds. It reminds me of talking into a cardboard paper towel roll. He also finds closing his eyes, puffing out his cheeks and blowing full force is great.
Yesterday, I was on the verge of just giving in and letting him have his bottle. I decided I try one more time and to my suprise it worked. He still enjoys blowing bubbles but when he is thirsty he will drink properly.
Speaking of drinking....Alex thinks the dogs' water bowl is great. He started out splashing with his hand. After many "No's" and hand squeezes, he decided that he would crawl up and not put his hand in...but he would take a little sip! I was shocked as I marveled at how well he was responding to "No" until I heard, SLURP! I think we are in trouble. :)
House Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment