Monday, October 5, 2009

Oct 5th

Hmmm.. something seems familiar about this day....not sure what??? Oh yes, according to the calendar it's our anniversary! Had I not looked at the calendar today, it would have slipped my mind. I ended up calling Paul around lunch to wish him a happy anniversary. He hadn't remembered either until he was on his way to work. I'm not sure if this is good or bad thing, but it is kind of funny. I guess it'll be a memorable 7th anniversary.

Today Alex and I made 4 dzn carmel rolls. I'm usually not that ambitious, but I had cream that was going to expire. Alex enjoyed tasting every individual ingredient: flour, baking pwd, salt, sugar, brown sugar. I did put my foot down on the raw egg and yeast. According to him, it's all yummy! :) I did catch him sneaking bites of dough. I can't imagine anything but the sugars tasting remotely yummy. His favorite part was sprinkling the dough with cinnamon/sugar.

I tend to be a messy cook...add him to the picture and the kitchen looked like a tornado blew through. Oh well, we both had fun and enjoyed the finished product.

1 comment:

Beret said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you did something to mark the day!