skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Baby
Alex seems to like baby dolls. When we go over to this friend's house to play, he seems drawn to her doll. He likes to feed it and carry it around. I started thinking about getting him a boy doll. This last weekend while we were visiting my parents, we took Alex to Alco. Of all the toys, he was fascinated with the dolls. My only stipulations were that it couldn't look girly and that it had to have a bottle. Nothing really caught my eye. Once we got home I started looking through stuff I had as a kid. I came across a bin of troll dolls. Back when trolls were popular, Russ came out with baby like trolls. Pretty much Cabbage Patch dolls with a troll face. I had gotten a boy troll baby. His name was PeeWee.....and he had a bottle. I thought this would be perfect for Alex. Not the least bit girly. Alex thought PeeWee was great. While making lunch, Alex disappeared and the house was quiet. This always spells trouble. My mom found Alex in the bathroom dunking PeeWee in the toilet!!!!!! We had a quick lesson on how to properly treat one's baby!
2 comments:
When I was pregnant with Micaela, we bought Grant a boy doll at Walmart, to kind of get him ready for the idea that we were having a baby.
The doll was a "newborn" boy doll wearing blue, and was like 5 bucks. We named him Baby Joey. To this day, that baby sits on his bed, and when the girls are playing, he is quick to get Joey out.
So much for keeping the troll in mint condition until it was an antique. This was much more of a precious moment!!!
Karen
Post a Comment