Poor little Alex has been sick since last Thursday. He started coughing in the middle of the night and continued to get worse that Friday. Due to his illness, he was unable to attend his friend's 2nd birthday party. I attended for him! I did come back with goodies for him which he was excited about.
Saturday night Paul hosted a Stout party. I guess it is stout month?? He had several of his brew club companions over and few others who enjoy that style of beer. I was amazed at how fast men can inhale meats! I've been informed that this will now be a yearly event. Next year I'll make sure to buy a couple pounds of summer sausage and cheese.
Sunday marked a milestone birthday for Paul. He turned 30! It was a quiet day. Every year I make him a surprise dessert. It usually involves his favorite thing....peanut butter. I slaved away all day and ended up with an ok dessert. Paul got a hand-crank ice cream maker for his birthday, so we also had that.
Thankfully Alex is sounding better today. He's never seemed run down and has been a good eater through this entire time. Since he is on the mend we will be able to attend his first Valentine's Day Party tomorrow. His twin friends are hosting. It sounds like a lot of fun.
I 'll post on the event tomorrow.
House Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment