Wednesday, December 3, 2008

'tis the season to be merry

Wow, I'm finally updating. Hopefully my small group of followers haven't given up!

Here is a quick run down of November: The middle of November we made an overnight trip to Bismarck. Each year we go down and spend the night with Alex's godfather, Mathew. We have a Cranium competition with him and his wife. There is even a trophy involved! I'm sad to say that we didn't return home with the trophy. We enjoy playing board games with them and need to get down there more often. We also stopped by to see Mary Kay, Paul's sister. It's nice to have family living fairly close by.

The next week I made a trip up to Langdon to stay with my mom and dad for the week. As soon as we got up there, Alex got his first cold ever. He was still running in 3rd gear even with his cold.

I have to back up and express a little frustration I had with Paul. We laugh now but at the time I was not a happy camper. The weekend before I left for my mom and dad's we had agreed that I would get to scrapbook all day Saturday while Paul looked after Alex. Well, I had to run some errands that morning and so did Paul. He took Alex with him. We both arrived home just before lunch. I had all my stuff out and ready to go once we ate. Shortly after eating, Paul announces that he had a "little" mishap in the car. He said he took grass clippings to the compost pile and the barrel tipped over in the Pacifica. He said he just needed to suck up the clippings. I said not a big deal. Well, then he came in and told me that there was some water in the barrel and that he would need to put baking soda and sop up the water. While cleaning the car, he decide to listen to the Bison game on the radio. However, after 2 hours of cleaning the battery was dead. By the time I started my scarbooking it was after 2 and we leave for church at 4:30. As we head out the door to go to church, I'm hit with the most nasty odor. Paul failed to mention that the water was stinky! Think seafood delight. I was ticked to put in nicely. I have no idea why he didn't put plastic down or a tarp. I went on in a not so nice tone explaining this and that our car was not a truck!
So, that Monday I load the stinky car and start to leave....the car won't start! I call Paul at work to come jump me. A little bit later he arrives with some guy he works with. He had gone out, started his car, and while wiping the snow off, the car locked him out. We aren't sure what's going on with the other car now. So, I get jumped and give him my extra keys, so he can turn his car off! It was like Murphy's Law.
I was finally on the road but ended up having to buy a battery in Langdon. To this day, we still have a mildly stinky car which is much better than before. I'm still trying different things to take the rest of the smell out.

Our Thanksgiving was nice. We went to Williston. Alex enjoyed his time with his grandparents. He likes exploring new places. We tried taking him to light up night while we were there, but we didn't take the stroller with us and he likes to be on the move. He just threw a fit and we missed the 5 floats that went by. Fun times! On the way home Alex had his first Happy Meal. We, of course, opted for the apples and milk. He still enjoyed a couple of our fries. He seemed very proud of himself to be sitting between us on the bench eating like a big boy.

Alex had his 18month appt yesterday. He is 22lbs 13oz ( 13% for weight) 31 1/2 inches( 26% height) and his head is still on the bigger end (82%). The doctor was pleased with his measurements. I was disappointed about the height. I just hope he isn't short!!! The doctor said he is consistently lean, so he wasn't concerned. He only got one shot which was nice.

Alex is really in to climbing! He now climbs up his high chair and seats himself. The other day he pulled out a chair in the dining room and stood on top of the dining room table. Lots of fun for him....not so much for me.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm still in your group of blog-followers! :)

Anonymous said...

We have been busy, but Maria keeps me updated when Katelynn's little buddy is gone and not coming for their play time. Fun to catch up and always fun to see pictures that you put on. A few suggestions if you haven't used for the smelly car--vinegar-vanilla-baking soda. Maybe you have tried all of the above! Good luck.
Love Marlyn