Tuesday, December 23, 2008

White Christmas

It sure is pretty watching the snow fall. Today has been fun. We've been family bonding. Paul got up early and ran. I got up early and got ready so that when he got back we could run errands. We were out the door at 8 am. Perfect timing because that's when most stores were opening. It was very peaceful. We were back by 9:45 and not one swear word was uttered. I would not want to be out later.

We got home and I started making pie crusts. Paul has picked out a fresh peach pie and rhubarb cream. I chose pecan...no surprise there. I'm also making"trash". I hope to finish off any baking and start some prep work. My grocery list wasn't ready before we left this morning, so we are going to venture once more this afternoon.

Yesterday, I went to a mom's group. It's for stay at home moms. It was nice to be able to get out and meet new people and let Alex play with other children. We met at McDonald's for breakfast and to play in the playland. These are tough words to swallow. I claimed I wasn't letting Alex play in those germ infested areas. Maybe that will teach me to never say never! He had a blast. He climbed the stairs and disappeard into the land of tunnels. I was hoping he would figure out how to get down because I was sure I wasn't going to fit up there. Of course, he came bopping along a little bit later. I'm not quite sure if he went down the slide or how exactly he got out. Of course, Mr. Social went around to stop at various tables to "talk". He played for 2 hours! I was pleasantly surprised about the group. I expected it to be lots of "perfect" moms. It wasn't that way at all. I enoyed it so much that I decided to join. There are activities several times a week, but you just attend what you want.

Safe travels to anyone on the go today and tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you!!! It sounded like you had a ton of fun and Alex too!!! My only question is-- what is trash??? Maybe I am missing out on something good.
Enjoy your folk on Christmas.
Love to you.
Karen