Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let it Snow

We are watching the snow fall again. It sounds like we are to get about 6 inches or more. The wind should pick up later today. Fun, fun.

Paul's last day of work was Thursday. He doesn't have to go back until Jan 5!!! I'm SO excited. We kicked off the weekend with a trip to the mall yesterday. We arrived as the doors opened at 9. We got some really good deals at Macy's. They always seem to have the best clearance prices. I must say that I get really put off by Herbergers. Each year we buy these coupon book fundraiser things. I've yet to figure out what the coupon is good for. I even brought the ones from the paper yesterday, and they wouldn't accept those either. Next time I'm going to have someone walk me over to an item that the coupon is good for. I have a feeling it applies to nothing in the store!! We also stopped by Dinoland. I use to be kind of fearful of these places due to the germs. After my mom met with the endocrinologist, I'm much more willing to expose Alex. We did wash his hands afterwards. He really enjoyed the other children. He and another little boy played peek a boo. He was a running/giggling machine. We then headed downtown to due some banking and stopped by one of Paul's favorite spots, Bertrosa's. It's a Chicago style cafe....another words...all sorts of hot dogs and sandwiches. Basically, lots of man friendly food.

Alex has taken an interest in the toilet. I'm trying to explain that only poo poo and pee pee goes in there. He was starting to place all sorts of things inside. He now runs around saying pee pee and going to the toilet and saying pee pee. I thought it might be a good time to associate those words with things in his diaper. Now he waves his hand in front of his face and says "uff" or "soo" if he has a stinky diaper and says pee pee for just a wet diaper. He isn't able to tell me what's in there on his own. Maybe he will figure that out in the near future.

I didn't do Christmas trays this year. I'm not sure why. I guess it's too much work. I did make mini loaves of pumpkin bread instead. It's better than nothing. I'm almost done with my shopping and have 90% of my stuff wrapped. I hope to finish up everything on Monday. You couldn't pay me to get out on 13th ave today!!!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Way too go letting your Christmas trays go for a year! They are a lot of work, and you have 22 pounds of work running around your feet all the time! :) Miss Mouse (and the rest of our house) is loving your pumpkin bread; she'll be excited to hear that Alex is 'into' the toilet thing now, too!