Well, we managed to drop 30 degrees in less than 24 hours. I hope yesterday was not the last of the warm weather! As much as I enjoy the Fall, I do hate to see Summer go. I really enjoyed the trees, our bountiful garden and plethra of plants/flowers.
We started off the weekend by taking Alex for his 1 yr (or should I say 15 month) pictures. Wouldn't you know it would be the one day he wouldn't nap. The session went ok. Alex was really going to town on his fingers, so I hope we have some pictures that don't include his hands in his mouth. After pictures we stopped in to Nichole's for dessert. Alex and I shared a slice of Chocolate Carmel Sea Salt cake. It was devine. I also had a mint lemonade...my favorite. We should be getting his pictures emailed to us today.
We spent Saturday and Sunday canning. We started out by using 20 lbs of our tomatoes for salsa. Then we canned peaches. This coming weekend we will tackle spaghetti sauce.
Alex is finally starting to take a few steps by himself. He looks like a drunk and finds it quite funny when he topples over. He is also in to scooping. In fact, on Saturday he decided to use one of his stacking cups to toss all of the water out of the toilet! He was soaked and so was the bathroom.
Today Alex had is 15 month check up. Here are the stats 21lbs 13 oz, 31 1/4 inches and a big head! He also got shots which I wasn't expecting. Hopefully he won't start feeling bad.
I'll try to do a better job with postings!
House Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
1 month ago
2 comments:
Waiting for more pics! Can't wait.
Fall is my favorite season but up here it is way to short!!! Keep up on the posts.
Karen
Sounds like you are staying busy with your garden produce. Hoping for a long fall here too. Hope to see you in Fargo the 23rd at Maria's. Good to get pictures done before he has his "first walking" tumbles and bumps on the head!
Marlyn
Post a Comment